Thursday, February 21, 2008

Paper Reviews

I have done it again. I have received totally inconsistent paper reviews. This variance is really too much. The first two rows are my favorite. If you're curious, R1 is the most accurate (since I know the paper, I can say that with expertise).


Criteria (#/10)R1R2R3
Quality of writing/probable presentation944
Quality of the contribution to knowledge base827
Integration of relevant theory/research/scholarship745
Strength in applying the relevant method or research approach   767
Importance of the topic777
Overall rating856

Comments range from "An interesting topic, and very good paper" to "Writing is often awkward; this reads like a first draft" (it was a third draft, thank you, idiot, you could be costing me my academic career with your careless reviewing!).