Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reading List

Three items for you, dear reader ("dear reader" is so Victorian of me, I don't believe I actually do that, I think it is funny but personal). This way you don't have to read my writing, you can read someone else!

Bono (of U2 of course!) in an NYT opinion piece.

An article about Mark Shuttleworth and Ubuntu Linux. If you do not know what... no no, read it anyways if you do. I haven't actually read it yet. That is how much faith I have in it being something you need to know! And this is only the second time I recall seeing the word "hegemony" in an NYT article, so, must read. Here's a snippet:

Close to half of Google’s 20,000 employees use a slightly modified version of Ubuntu, playfully called Goobuntu.

Ok Google is using this. How successful is Google? Very? Insanely? Very insanely? Then, why isn't your company doing the things you do in the way Google does their things? Like.... using Linux! Come on, this isn't rocket science. And anyway, how many MBA's did it take to destroy the global economy just recently? I hope you see my point.


For the more visually-inclined, how about Lawrence Lessig on the Colbert Report?

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c