Friday, December 14, 2007

Microsoft

So, this morning at 6:36am I received the following email from some automated system that was programmed by someone at Microsoft:

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to Xbox Live 12 mo. Gold Membership.

Ok! We're good, end of story. No, of course not, I wouldn't be writing about it otherwise.

At 9:35am, I received this email:

We have recently attempted to charge your Xbox Live 12 mo. Gold Membership service to the credit card on file for your account. Please accept this reminder that your credit card has passed its expiration date and needs to be updated.

Luckily I happen to know that yes, the credit card I used originally isn't good anymore. But why did they tell me it worked when it didn't? Can't have much faith in whatever they are doing...